We appreciate that there may be times when you need to return an item you have hired or purchased.
As such we have outlined our Repairs, Refunds and Returns policy below.
Refunds for items Hired from Rockabye Baby
We strive to make sure all our customers are satisfied. Our business is based on repeat business. At this time we do not offer pro-rata refunds if the customer returns their hire items earlier than planned or changes their mind. This includes for COVID related events. This keeps products available for those who want them.
While every care has been taken to ensure we help you select the right restraint for your needs, we understand you may change your mind and prefer to swap to a different model of restraint. This can be done if the alternative model is available however there will be a $50 fee to cover the cost of the additional installation service as well as the cleaning and safety checking of your previous hire item. If you select a cheaper hire item there is no refund on any difference in price. If you select a more expensive restraint you will be charged the difference.
If your child outgrows their baby capsule we can replace it with a rear facing carseat until your hire term expires. Please note there is a $50 fee for the installation of the any replacement restraint and as above the restraint must be the same value as the capsule. Any price increase on the replacement will be borne by the customer. As we only hire and sell reputable, Australian and International brand nursery equipment you can easily research the products and lifespans on our site or at the manufacturer’s website or ask for some help from one of our representatives when making your booking. However we will gladly exchange your product with a replacement if it is faulty. To assist parents we have a range of hire terms from as little as a week right up to 6 calendar months so you can hire only for as long as you’ll need the product.
Cancelling a booking
Upon booking a deposit is payable within 3 days of placing your order. Cancellation of your order can be made at any time but we ask that it be provided to us in writing. If you do wish to cancel or your order the following policy applies: Cancellation of 72 hours or less – no refund is available. Cancellations with more than 72 hours notice can choose from a full refund less a $50 administration fee or credit note with no $50 administration fee incurred. This policy includes COVID related events. All credit notes have no expiry date and can be used anytime on any available hire item.
Refunds for items Purchased from Rockabye Baby
- All brand new items we sell have a warranty period of at least 12 months which is covered by the Manufacturer or Wholesaler. Refer to Manufacturer’s warranty card inside packaging or contact one of our friendly staff.
- Any purchased items returned for any reason will need to have the Original proof of purchase submitted at the time of return and be in their original condition, unused, with their original packaging including any tags.
Please order carefully as we do not refund or exchange simply because you changed your mind or you have made an error in finalising your order (such as not being happy with the colour or choosing an incorrect product for your needs or baby’s requirements). We may allow an exchange or refund on a case-by-case basis for such returns, provided that the item in question is:
- returned within 5 days of receiving your order;
- The product and packaging is in its Original condition including manuals and accessories.
- The item is in re-saleable condition for example original tags and labels are still attached and the items is unworn, unopened and unused.
If the product has been used or installed in your car we do not offer refunds. You may return hire items early but we do not offer refunds on early returns. Delivery and collection fees are non refundable.
Faults and Repairs
- You are entitled to a Refund OR Replacement if there is a “Major” failure of that product. This will be determined by the Manufacturer once the item is returned to them for “Assessment”.
- If the problem is “Minor” and can be repaired easily we will send the item back to the Manufacturer OR Repair agent for “Assessment” and repair.
- The Assessment process should be conducted within a reasonable time. Considering most of the Wholesalers or Repair Agents are interstate we would deem 14 working days to be a reasonable time frame to carry out this “Assessment”. The 14 working days represents the maximum reasonable time frame for the item to be packaged, couried, assessed and or repaired and returned.